CEDAR RAPIDS, IA, March 23, 2020 – Top-rated supplier Raining Rose announced today that it plans to continue operations with additional precautions in order to satisfy elevated demand for personal care promotional products, including hand sanitizer.
The company plans to observe public health guidance and additional safety measures but at this point does not expect disruption in business.
“We are keeping a close eye on the situation to ensure that we have the best interests of our employees in mind, for both their physical and financial health” said Lindsey Davis, Director of Promotional Sales.
The following steps are in place:
- Raining Rose will continue to adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices. These practices dictate usage of protective clothing and nitrile gloves, proper hand washing (we use soap that contains hand sanitizer), and employee training on communicable diseases.
- We have added additional cleaning to high-traffic areas, and to each production shift.
- As of March 16, we eliminated business travel, and restricted non-essential visitors from entering our facility.
- As of March 16, we began allowing non-production employees to work from home, and practice shift flexibility for production employees who need allowances to cover childcare needs.
- We will continue to ask employees who are ill to stay home.
Raining Rose will continue to pay close attention to the situation and act in the best interests of customers and employees.
“We will continue to monitor and adjust our approach as needed,” Davis said. “Our current environment is unlike anything we’ve experienced before, and we will try to approach our decisions with public health and multiple stakeholders in mind.”
About Raining Rose
Raining Rose is a Certified B Corporation® that manufactures lip balm, sunscreen, and other natural personal care products in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Founded in 1996, the company is certified to make USDA organic products and is also a Blue Zones designated workplace, with LEED certification for its sustainable facility.