Every website that utilizes DistributorCentral’s Product Catalog will also have a shopping cart for ordering.
The shopping cart allows for the seller to enter all the payment options that they would like to offer to their customers.
The available payment methods are:
- PayPal – Real-Time Merchant Processing
- PayPal – Collect Info Only – (Invoice Later) – Click here to learn more about Paypal options.
- Credit Card – Collect Info Only – No Processing
- Credit Card – Authorize.net Merchant Account
- Credit Card – Paypal Payflow Pro Merchant Account
- Check / Money Order
- Bill To Account
- Purchase Order
- “We will call you for payment information”
- “I will call you with my payment”
- Pay Later
- Proof Request Only
- No Charge
- Commission Deduct
- Bill to Department Number
Click here to view a guide that lists all of the available options along with an explanation of those available and where you can make those changes.
Make Virtual Samples available for your customers on your website.
This will allow your customers to see what their logo will look like on any of the products that you offer.
There is a $15 per month, per website charge to utilize this feature. Click here to learn more.
Your customers can click on “Add your Logo” and a window will open (second image below) where they can remove and add logos to this product. They can save this as a PDF as well to print off or email it.
This is what that will look like on your site below:
A window will open like this when they click on “Add Your Logo.”
Remember to Publish your site after you enable this feature!
You can customize the pricing that shows to your customers for products on each of your DistributorCentral websites!
There are a few different options that you can take advantage of when editing the pricing for your websites. There is a $20 charge per website, per month to utilize this feature.
You can mark up the prices with a percentage above Net pricing, mark the pricing down a percentage from Retail pricing, or set the margin for the Retail markup.
This feature could be helpful to those distributors who are creating company stores for their customers or possibly even for those who just want a competitive price on their website for promotional products.
There are many other reasons why you might want to use this new feature to help make your site your own.
Click here to see the instructions to add this feature to your website.
Once you have that preference set up, you can also set up a preference to allow “Strike-through pricing” so your products pricing has a red line through the original cost and have the discounted cost under it.
Here are the steps to set up “Strike-Through Pricing” – Note: this will only show up after you have enabled the “retail adjustment” preference above. It will also only show up on the details page of each product as it is clicked on.
- Go to Websites Menu> Add/Edit Websites
- Click on Preferences to the right of your website
- Click on “Catalog” to the left
- Find the preference titled “Show Strikethrough pricing on product catalog?”
- Set that to “Yes”
- Save the changes
- Publish the website to make those changes live
You can customize the images that show to your customers representing products on each of your DistributorCentral website catalogs!
There is a $20 charge per website, per month to utilize this feature.
Maybe you would like to add your customers logo to all the products that are listed on their company store website to help them visualize what the finished product will be. . .
maybe you would just like your own images to represent certain products on your website.
There are many reasons why you might want to use this new feature to help make your site your own.
Click here to see the instructions to add this feature to your website.
Here is a great article by Google Analytics guru Avinash Kaushik:
Remember you can integrate your DC website with Google Analytics, instructions are here:
Google Analytics is a great tool to use to get detailed traffic statistics for your DistributorCentral hosted website. http://www.google.com/analytics/
“Google Analytics not only lets you measure sales and conversions, but also gives you fresh insights into how visitors use your site, how they arrived on your site, and how you can keep them coming back” ~Google Team
Get your Google Analytics Account:
- Go to the Google Analytics website
- Sign in using your Google account or sign up to get a free account.
- Click the Add Website Profile link.
- Under “Choose Website Profile Type” select Add a Profile for a new domain.
- Under “Add a Profile for a new domain” type your main domain name in the field.
- Under “Instructions for adding tracking” copy the code shown on Google. NOTE: You can use either “Legacy Tracking Code (urchin.js)” or “New Tracking Code (ga.js)” though Google recommends using “New Tracking Code (ga.js)”.
- Click the Finish button in Google.
Once you get your Google Analytics account, you can integrate that with your DC hosted websites by adding the Analytics script (see above) to a section in the DC website editor:
To add the script:
- Login to DistributorCentral
- Go to Websites Menu > Add/Edit Websites
- Edit the website to the right of the Site name
- Click on “Website Traffic” on the right
- Paste your script into the field on the right
- Click the Save button
- Publish your website under “Website Publisher“
Click here if you need more help.
Due to some excellent suggestions, a bit of new CSS has been added to the mobile website template to make it easier for the end user. For most handheld devices it should scale better (since the new CSS checks the device’s width, which makes it appear more intelligent). This gets around having to zoom in just to see the site itself as with the iphone in particular was not resizing the site. This should be more device friendly as it will attempt to constrain to the size of the screen (There are some exceptions and a couple pages that have a set width that can only get so small, but will reduce itself as low as it can go).
To use the new update you’ll need to re-use the template by going to the Templates and selecting use next to the Mobile Template – Buttons.
If you see anything that could be improved, or if you have suggestions for the mobile template, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll explore the possibility and post a blog entry for anything new that we put out for the mobile template.
Once you make changes to your website in DistributorCentral you will need to publish the site for those changes to take place on your actual site or domain name. If you are seeing missing images or content that is a jumble of numbers instead of words, it is a great idea to publish the site first. This also answers the question: How do I publish my website?
In order to publish your site:
– Log into DistributorCentral
– Under Websites select Add/Edit Websites
– Click Edit next to the website in question
– On the website editor main menu, select Website Publisher, the giant gear.
– Under the Website Publisher Dashboard header, click on Publish New Changes.
The changes will be made live in about 15 minutes.