DistributorCentral has rolled out a new tool in the website editor that lets you easily replace websites in child accounts with content from a website template in your main account. This is a powerful way to quickly create new websites, using an existing design, for your sales persons within their own child accounts. The migration tool will automatically publish the child account website, so you do not need to take this step in the child account.
Here is how to migrate a website to a child account:
- Log into your DistributorCentral account
- Under Websites on the menu bar go to Add/Edit Websites
- Click the Edit link next to the website you wish to migrate
- On the Website Main Menu, select Website Publisher – the gear with the check mark
- Scroll down to the header Migrate Website to Child Accounts
- Click on the link and then select “OK” on the confirmation
- Here you will see all of your child accounts and their websites
- You can select any number of websites in this area. Each website selected will be replaced by the website you are currently in. To help you keep track of which website you are in there is a link above to your website that you can use to check. *NOTE* Each child account that is created comes with a standard website that only has the product catalog. This means that it’s easy to create a few child accounts and using the migrate tool to replace the standard site with the one from the main account.
- After selecting the websites, click the button Migrate Websites.
- The selected websites will be replaced and published
- Wait 15 minutes and take a look at the child account websites.