Search Display Preference for your DistributorCentral Account and Website.
You asked and we have listened!
When you conduct a “keyword” search in your DistributorCentral account or on your website, it defaults to search by the product name, number and description.
Depending on what keywords you are searching for, this can bring back many results. For example, using the keyword “bag” will bring back results for any products with the word “bag” in the product description, which can show results that may not be relevant to what you are looking for.
We now have a new search display preference that you can enable in your account to search only by the product name and number by default, as opposed to searching for the description as well. This can help initially narrow down search results.
To set this preference for your DistributorCentral account and website, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Account Menu
2. Select Preferences from the drop-down list
3. Select Account Preferences to change the setting
within your account / Select Website Preferences
to change the setting for your website
4. Select Catalogs on the left side of the page
5. Change the search fields preference to your liking
6. Click on Save
Note: You will have to publish your website if you have changed this setting for your website preferences.
A Special Note To Suppliers:
Be diligent in naming and describing your products in DistributorCentral. Use this product search optimization website to see exactly how your products show up to Distributors in DistributorCentral searches.
Also, please make sure that you only include your products in the Categories and Industry Catalogs that they relate to. This helps Distributors and their customers get accurate and reliable searches everytime.
As a Distributor, you can download a Universal Credit Application from your account, fill it out, and upload it for Suppliers to view in DistributorCentral.
This can allow you to spend less time filling out seperate suppliers credit information and more time selling promotional products.
Please remember that all Suppliers do reserve the right to ask for their own application but you may also let them know that you have uploaded a general application to your DistributorCentral Account for them to view. As more Distributors fill this Universal Application out and upload it, more Suppliers will use it.
Below are directions to find this application in your DistributorCentral Account:
1. Log in to DistributorCentral
2. Go to the Account Tab
3. Select Account Maintenance
4. Move to the lower section of this page to “Edit” beside State Sales Tax Numbers
5. At the top of the next screen you will see the UPIC Universal Credit Application available to download
6. Click on the document link “Upic Universal Credit Application“
7. You will select to Save it to your computer
8. After it has downloaded, you can open it with Microsoft Word to enter in your information
9. When you are finished, save the document
10. Move back to DistributorCentral and follow directions #1-4 to get back to the page where you found the Credit Application.
11. Now you will Click Browse and find your updated application on your desktop and hit Save directly below.
You have now uploaded your General Credit Application to your DistributorCentral Account!