DC has added a new feature that will allow you to integrate your Facebook account profile picture with your DistributorCentral account to personalize it. You can now also allow customers to “like” products in your DistributorCentral website catalogs.
INTERNAL FACEBOOK INTEGRATION
This message above now appears on the main internal DC page if a user is also logged in to Facebook. Clicking No, thanks will set a preference that removes this message from the home page.
Steps to enable:
1. Log in to your Facebook.com account and then log in to your DistributorCentral.com account.
2. Click the Link my Facebook Profile button and you will be taken to a FB page to request permission.
2. Once you allow the connection you are returned to DC and this message will show:
Gradually, Facebook profile pics will start appearing in correspondence, order summary, product editor, and other places.
WEBSITE FACEBOOK INTEGRATION
If you are hosting a website and a domain name in DistributorCentral, you can enable a preference to allow your customers to “Like” and “Share” the products on their Facebook walls.
Enable this new Facebook Integration section in website preferences.
Under this there are three preferences that are related to each other.
The main preference turns the Facebook “Like” button off and on in the catalog. The other two are supporting information for the Like button.
To enable this preference:
- Go to Websites Menu> Add/Edit Websites
- Edit your website
- Click on Website Preferences
- Click on Facebook Integration
- Select “Yes” under “Show the Facebook Like button on your product pages?“
- Then enter your Facebook user ID in the second box. Click on the “Find your FB user ID here” link to get the ID number.
- Save your changes
- Publish your website.
When the “Like” button is enabled it shows up on each product page.
When the “Like” button is clicked it creates a fan page inside your Facebook account. This will enable distributors to start collecting information about popular products, plus market to the people who like them.
The Send button allows customers to send a private message with a link to the web page.
Like and Send buttons on a DistributorCentral website:
Wall Post in Facebook:
Using an App ID (the last preference) will also let advanced Facebook users to programmatically market to all webpage likes.