Did you know that you can export and upload your DC spreadsheet and /or images for importing back into your Product Database from your own DC account? Then you can track that update and you will be notified upon the completion of the product update.
Export your data: You can export your Product, Option and Choice data from your DC products. Most Suppliers only need to export their Products data though for pricing update purposes. You can do this in 3 places:
1. On your home page, under Shortcuts on the right side.
2. You can also go to Products Tab > Product Data Export > Excel Data Export
Once you click on Export, you will have the opportunity to export certain fields and criteria. Then “Submit” the file and you will receive an email with a link to download it for editing. Learn how to work with the Data in the spreadsheet here:
Upload your File: When you have edited your file and saved your changes, you can then upload it again for importing. You can upload it in 2 places:
2. It can also be uploaded in the product editor at the bottom of the product list. Once you click on “Upload Product Data Updates” there will be some basic data questions to answer and a file upload at the bottom of the page .
Once the file is uploaded, you can track the upload and you will receive an email when we complete it.
Image Upload Requirements and instructions:
Here are the steps / requirements to upload your product images to DistributorCentral to add to your product data:
1. Log into your Distributorcentral.com account. (If you have not received your login, ask your representative for that information)
2. Click on the link below
3. You will see a “Support Tracking” form. Use the images below to add in the information needed.
a. Enter “Your Email”
b. Under “Update Type” select Images
c. Under “Please Update” select Images and deselect all others
d. Upload your ZIPPED file of images by clicking on “Choose File” button.
e. Select “Upload” button and wait for the file to completely upload
f. When done uploading “Save”
Image Requirements as follows:
Image Size: Minimum- 500 x 500 dpi – Maximum 750 x 750 dpi
Resolution: 72 dpi for online viewing
Mode: RGB Mode for online viewing
File: must be a jpeg file and must be named according to the item # in DC to be associated correctly.
NOTE:DC system will downsize your large images for the Medium and thumbnail size automatically
Learn more about exporting your data for other service providers: http://blog.distributorcentral.com/2010/12/03/exporting-contact-information-for-other-service-providers/
Once you have your data imported, make them display with this guide: http://www.distributorcentral.com/resources/education/guides/ProductCompletionGuide.pdf