Google Analytics is a great tool to use to get detailed traffic statistics for your DistributorCentral hosted website. http://www.google.com/analytics/
“Google Analytics not only lets you measure sales and conversions, but also gives you fresh insights into how visitors use your site, how they arrived on your site, and how you can keep them coming back” ~Google Team
Get your Google Analytics Account:
- Go to the Google Analytics website
- Sign in using your Google account or sign up to get a free account.
- Click the Add Website Profile link.
- Under “Choose Website Profile Type” select Add a Profile for a new domain.
- Under “Add a Profile for a new domain” type your main domain name in the field.
- Under “Instructions for adding tracking” copy the code shown on Google. NOTE: You can use either “Legacy Tracking Code (urchin.js)” or “New Tracking Code (ga.js)” though Google recommends using “New Tracking Code (ga.js)”.
- Click the Finish button in Google.
Once you get your Google Analytics account, you can integrate that with your DC hosted websites by adding the Analytics script (see above) to a section in the DC website editor:
To add the script:
- Login to DistributorCentral
- Go to Websites Menu > Add/Edit Websites
- Edit the website to the right of the Site name
- Click on “Website Traffic” on the right
- Paste your script into the field on the right
- Click the Save button
- Publish your website under “Website Publisher“
Click here if you need more help.